Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Smile Empty Soul

Have you ever just stepped back, and analyzed your own life? Thought through all the wonderfully fantastic dreams you have, and finally faced the reality that sometimes, well actually most of the time, dreams never come true? Indeed, it seems like a sorrowful moment; however, facing reality can often be a refreshing approach to this crazy journey we call life.
Sometimes, I wonder where from do these fantastic dreams arise. Still today, I have no clear-cut answer. Instead, only more questions arise when I take the time to analyze these dreams.
You might would think that giving up on a dream is difficult, and in some cases, this is entirely true. For other situations, giving up on a dream is merely a part of confronting reality. Sometimes, reality is a cruel mistress; yet, reality never lies. Of course, often we are afraid to accept our own reality.
There are several things which, sadly, I now realize will never come to pass. Dreams that I, myself, have shattered; instead of foolishly pursuing them. When something you dream of, or wish for, can never realistically be – then it is time to relieve yourself of that painful dream, that damning fantasy.
So these thoughts cross my mind, and I wonder of there utility. So I look inward, and smile at an empty soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment